Saturday, October 31, 2009

The "Murder Castle"? Whoa.

This story about H.H. Holmes and his Murder Castle is crazy. Definitely reminds me of a combination of the Saw movies and The Silence of the Lambs with the twisted death traps set among a labyrinthine floor plan.

All I want to know is: does this stuff still exist? I could be totally off here, but it seems to me that killing people and experimenting on their bodies was commonplace in the 19th century (is this really a bad thing? Isn't there something to be said for scientific progress?). Anyway, this dude even tried to make Murder Castle Part 2 in Texas when the heat was on him in Chicago, which signifies two things to me: 1.) money was loose and easy in the late 1800's and 2.) Murder Castles abounded.

Now think back to about 2002-2007 when our economy was smokin'--what two things did we have? We had loose and easy money and we had way too many homes being built.

Just sayin'

No comments:

Post a Comment